While the Ottawa REDBLACKS have already settled into their new digs, August 16th will mark the unveiling of the newest green space in downtown Ottawa.
What: There will be a number of family-friendly activities taking place, including:
- An old-fashioned fair featuring amusement park rides
- Face painting, arts & crafts – like kite building, button-making and balloon animals
- Free cotton candy & popcorn
- A picnic in the park – everyone is encouraged to pack a picnic basket and spread out a blanket on the ‘Great Lawn’
- A Farmer’s Market & food trucks
- An exhibit on Ottawa’s football history
- The Grey Cup on display – get your photo taken with the Cup!
- Local musicians, acrobats & jugglers
- At Aberdeen Pavilion, visitors can step back in time and learn about the history of Lansdowne and Ottawa through interactive displays
When: Saturday, August 16 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Where: Lansdowne Park, 1015 Bank Street, Ottawa, ON
*NOTE: There is no parking at Lansdowne, so to avoid parking frustrations, consider planning your trip via public transit, walking or cycling. For more information and an event map, visit the City of Ottawa website.